We’ve collected some of the best skin care tips from around this site (HowToMakeSkinCare.com) and from around the rest of the internet, magazines, beauty parlors and more – and put them all in one place for your convenience. Take a look below to find some of our favorite skin care tips of all time… And don’t be shy to leave a comment and share your own tips, too, we’ll add them to the list!
Skin Care Tips From The MayoClinic
- Protect yourself from the sun. The sun is one of the most damaging things to human skin, so spending more time in the shade and wearing sunscreen will help a lot. Also, wear clothing that can protect your skin from the sun, too. There are even additives you can add into your laundry to give your clothes an added layer of protection from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- Butt out! Smoking makes your skin age more quickly, because it narrows blood vessels. You’ll have to check out the MayoClinic for a more medical explaining, but to see this in action just look at any group of smokers and they’ll typically look older than they actually are.
- Doing your best to manage stress can also help a lot in terms of keeping your skin healthy, looking young, and feeling great for years to come. Stress can trigger acne and other skin problems, so try to take a breather when things get tough.
- You are what you eat, so it stands to reason that eating a healthy diet will keep your skin looking great. The overall effectiveness of this is still up in the air, but healthier body = healthier skin, makes sense to us.
Next up, here are some tips from InStyle Magazine
- If you mist, then moisturize! Don’t just do one or the other because misting along can dry your skin up.
- Using jasmine oil extract on your face can be an excellent antioxidant, giving your skin a healthy look.
- For deep exfoliation, be patient. Rather than doing it harder, spend more time and do it longer instead. Using too much force is a harmful idea.
- Excessive drinking of alcohol beverages can cause excess oil and enlarged pores. Not getting enough sleep has the same effect, so those late nights of drinking are really bad for your skin.
- Wash your face with a two-step method to get rid of makeup.
- Consider using a day cream with added sunscreen to project your skin from one of the most harmful elements it’ll encounter, the sun. (Remember what Mayo said up there?)
- Make sure you’re applying your products in the correct order. Start with the lightest product, like a serum, and work your way up, ending with a sunscreen.
Tips From The Beauty Salon / Passed Down From Mum
- If you have that one pimple that keeps coming back, try putting some all-natural unprocessed honey on it and a bandaid on top overnight.
- Don’t pop your pimples!
- Always get a good night’s sleep, or at least as often as you can…
Help Us Add More..
We’re always looking for more skin care tips to add here, so write in and let us know by simply leaving a comment below!
How To Make Skincare Homepage